City Drug Store (2005 Limited):
The City Drug Store was founded in 1949 by Dr. Arthur Lake and Mr. David M. Ferguson. The Company opened its' doors to the Public on September 1st 1949, in a rented building on Central Street, the premises now occupied by Travel World, along with a number of other small offices. Mr. David Ferguson who had practiced as a Chemist and Druggist at Skerritt's Drug Store for over five (5) years, became the first Manager. The Company's stated principal activity was to engage in the business of wholesale and retail, the dispensing of medicine, and the sale of toilet preparations and accessories.
Over the years, the business grew from strength to strength with staff members from as far as Anguilla. The Drug Store also changed location even before moving to its present premises. Its first move was across the street to the premises now occupied by EBIZZ (sknibes.com). This location served as its base for the next 5 years before moving to Fort Street.
The relocation to Fort Street brought some changes in the Management Structure. Mr. Hitchins was given the task of improving the image and efficiency of the operations. In 1959, Mr. Wilmot Browne joined the Company as a sales clerk, after the exit of Mr. Harrigan. After a period of steady growth, sales and productivity began to plateau off. Management soon saw a new playing field in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
In 1971, Mr. King joined the Management Team as Managing Director. Since then, the Company chartered a new and positive approach to the institution. It has acquired several properties including the Gonsalves Building on Rosemary Lane and the two (2) buildings that are presently the retail area for the Drug Store.
The Company has also played a major part in Community Development, through the sponsoring and support of non-profit organizations. However, its flagship achievement has been the many academic scholarship to students of the various High Schools in the Federation, who have achieved the best Science results in C.X.C. Exams.
On May 1st 2005, the Drug Store became a Subsidiary of TDC Group of Companies, now under direction of eight (8) Directors and one (1) Company Secretary. With an inventory of Prescription Items, Health & Beauty Aids, Personal Hygiene, Body Building Products, Vitamins & Minerals, Baby Products, First-Aid Products, Laundry Products, and Household Cleaning Items, CDS (2005 Limited), stands ready to assist in the overall development of our people and also to provide the best health care available to all citizens of our Federation.
Motto: Your Health is Our Business!